| | Home | | About ICL | | ICL Talks | | Crazy Stuff | | Videos | | Personal Photos | | Photoblog | | 100 Things about Bloggers | |

If you want to rate this site on IrishBlogs click here -> Irish Bloggers. You'll also see it on some of my other sites above ~ please feel free to rate them as well, whether you like them or not :-) Thanks, lads!



Monday, April 16, 2007

Interviewed by Mr. Fabulous!


Hey y'all I was interviewed by Mr. Fab at Pointless Drivel. I was volunteered.

By myself.

Just needed to get that out there.

He asked me Five Fabulous questions. No honestly, they were fabulous questions. He put a lot of thought into this for me and all the other gazillion people who asked to be interviewed.

Thanks, Fab. You're a real sweetheart, even if you do blog in your underwear and scare innocent children at the door. Here's the question~nes:



  1. You live in Canada. Come on, it’s just you and me here. Deep down you guys really wish you were part of the United States, don’t you?


  2. You have no few than eight blogs. If you could only keep one of them, which one would it be and why?


  3. What would be your dream job?


  4. You are proud of your Irish heritage. During the potato famine in the 1800’s millions of Irish immigrants came to America, but hardly any ended up in Idaho, which is where all the potatoes are. What’s up with that?


  5. Who let the dogs out? Who? Who? Who?



Me answers:

  1. OK, Fab, since it's just you and me here, I'm going to be honest with you: No fuckin' way do we Canadians want to be part of the U.S. But on the other hand, if you had asked me to answer for the blogosphere, here's what I would have said: I think that there could be some economic and strategic advantages that would make Canada want to be part of the U.S., so it is something we would consider. (Which is really a typical diplomatic Canadian response that means: No fuckin' way do we Canadians want to be part of the U.S. )


  2. I do? Really. No I don't have that many. Wait, let me count...........$hit I do. It doesn't really feel like that, but to answer your question, it will prolly be the one that I haven't created yet. See fabulous five below.


  3. My dream job - good question. You didn't say that we were going to have to think about these questions. I was kinda hoping for multiple choice. Something like this:
  4. 'kay so you tell me. Tell me what you think my dream job is.


  5. Hmmmmm ... that's undeniably perturbing. I think all the Irish settled in New York though. I know that because I watched Gangs of New York. Have you seen that movie? You should. It's good, IMO. I think some ended up in Newfoundland, Canada too, but P.E.I. is the potato capital of Canada. Now I'm really bamboozled. I shoulda done my thesis on this. Wait, I never did a thesis. It doesn't matter anyways because potatoes kill. I'm committing suicide one french fry at a time.


  6. Indeed who let the dogs out? Or as my sidebar says, who let the blogs out? When my dogs get out they're going to write "My pet blog". Not here, though dog knows I write about them enough. The one where they write themselves about whatever they feel like. That way I can live a dogs life vicariously through them.

So if you want to be interviewed by me, please leave me a comment or send an email saying: "Interview me."

  • I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
  • You will update your weblog with the answers to the questions.
  • You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
  • Then others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions and so on.

Sounds like a meme doesn't it? Ya but it's a meme with a twist! Ya, baby!

BTW Fab is up for two Blogger's Choice Awards ~ Best Blog of All Time AND Best Humour Blog. Vote for him if you're inclined. He's doing well but he still needs every vote he can get!!

14 comments:

Bob-kat said...

Great answers! I think Flying nun would be an interesting career choice - at least you'd get to travel LOL!

Mr. Fabulous said...

Thanks for the shout out!

This was very impressive, in that I think I am more confused now then when I first asked the questions!

Tug said...

NICE....and you confused Fab. You rock!

I wanna be a flying non-nun!

mist1 said...

#4 is the most profound question ever. I think I'm going to call my high school social studies teacher and ask him why he never approached this one.

Goofy Girl said...

Hahah great questions and answers! Interview me!

lisa said...

Maybe the U.S. should want to be a part of Canada, eh? ;-)

I simply adore your sense of humor, my dear ICL.

I can just imagine the questions you'd ask me! Perhaps one day I'll be brave enough... Hee hee!

:Smooches: right back at ya'

L.L. Barkat said...

Hey there. I finally got around to the thinking blogger meme. Sorry it took so long (too busy thinking I guess?)

Here it is... Thought Spin

Rod said...

Great site! Finally figured out how to leave a comment!! But seriously I enjoyed the comments and articles! Keep up the work!

Visit Alex today and discover the true, heart warming story of faith and prayers. Read how this young Ethiopian street child is being rescued from a certain death on the streets of Addis Ababa. DISCOVER THE REAL LIFE STORY OF HOPE AND SUCCESS FOR ALEX Link to us today and follow the progress as Alex adjusts to the safe world in Europe where he will hopefully soon get a good education and health. http://alex-roadtofreedom.blogspot.com

Bellezza said...

Okay, first of all, Miss Inspector Gadget, I would never be able to be as clever as you in my responses. Secondly, where the heck do you get all these cool technological gizmos for people to vote and whatnot? Thidly, if it' real, I voted for the job you have yet to get. Because you're always on to something new, bigger and better. You are an inspiration. p.s. I don't blame you for not wanting to be part of the States. We used to be cool. Now we're, I mean most Americans, are all full of themselves. For no specific reason that I can see. Other than driving big cars and owning big houses. And what kind of worth does that give you?

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Bob-Kat ~ That's too funny! I like that!

Mr. Fab ~ bouyyaa~!

Tug ~ amazing idn't it?

Mist ~ Sue him!

GG ~ You're on!!

Lisa ~ That'll be the day! LOL That would be like Alan Thicke guest hosting for Oprah!

LL ~ he he I'm coming over to check out your Thinking Bloggers!

Rod ~ freakin' spammer

Bellezza ~ I cruise. he he he Actually everything I find I link onto my Kool Tools Blogroll See if there's anything there that tickles your fancy. We Canadians are a unique bunch. I'll leave it at that! lol

Barbara said...

Fab sure thought of some great questions, the answers were even better.

Are you sure the canadians don't want to be americans?

kailani said...

That was hilarious! I love your answers!

Janna said...

This is great!
And what a coincidence-- I'm committing suicide "One french fry at a time" also!!! :)

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Barbara ~ ha ha ha, that's kinda like saying "Are you sure we don't want to all go back to winter?" hee hee

Kailani ~ Thanks! Could you tell how much fun I was having answering them?!

Janna ~ it's really the only humane way to go!