| | Home | | About ICL | | ICL Talks | | Crazy Stuff | | Videos | | Personal Photos | | Photoblog | | 100 Things about Bloggers | |

If you want to rate this site on IrishBlogs click here -> Irish Bloggers. You'll also see it on some of my other sites above ~ please feel free to rate them as well, whether you like them or not :-) Thanks, lads!



Monday, April 17, 2006

THE BLOG NAME and BLOGGER IDENTITY MEANINGS

Sláinte ~ It’s only Me
from Irish Church Lady

I am an Irish-Canadian. Irish by birth from my Mum and a proud of it. No less proud than I am to be a Canadian. I am very fortunate to have dual citizenship and passports from both countries.

I'm also a Christian of strong faith but in need of great forgiveness. I am human and a sinner. That's why I go to church.

Hence the blog identity of Irish Church Lady or ICL

Sláinte - means "to your health" in Irish gaelic which you say when you toast with your drink. It's like 'Cheers' or 'Salud' or 'Skål'.

"It's only Me" comes from a common phrase spoken by me Mum and Auntie when they called each other on the phone. "Hi, It's only me" one would say to the other.

It's stuck in my mind for awhile now.

Probably because I have lost them both it means more to me now than before.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's lovely.