| | Home | | About ICL | | ICL Talks | | Crazy Stuff | | Videos | | Personal Photos | | Photoblog | | 100 Things about Bloggers | |

If you want to rate this site on IrishBlogs click here -> Irish Bloggers. You'll also see it on some of my other sites above ~ please feel free to rate them as well, whether you like them or not :-) Thanks, lads!



Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Idol to Idol

So I last week I blogged about how I really enjoyed last week's Canadian Idol with Cyndi Lauper. This week has been good too. It featured Dennis DeYoung of Styx and Roger Hodgson of Supertramp coaching the kids and tonight they have been performing. Kinda cool for a seventies and eighties young 'un. Cheeky would approve.

I love me the Idol shows. And when this ones over it'll be time for American Idol to start again. Whooopeeeee!

ICL

4 comments:

kimmyk said...

So Canada has like an American Idol huh? Did you guys get MTV yet or you still watchin' Much? Do you guys get all the crazies like AI does? Or are we just the lucky ones?

Marisa said...

I haven't watched much this season. I hate that it runs during summer, but I understand that it cannot go up against AI.

I like Eva Avila...it would be nice to see someone from Quebec win Canadian Idol. ;-)

Irish Church Lady :) said...

KimmyK - I don't watch the music video channel much. I know we have Much. I'm pretty sure we can get MTV if you have a satellite dish or a premium cable package.

CI does get the crazy auditions too. LOL I love watching those. It's very similar to AI in format etc. There is 4 judges instead of 3. One judge named Zach is the equivalent of Simon on AI. I don't like the female judges on both shows (Sass Jordan and Paula Abdul). They're both just to full of over the top praise all the time and makes me want to gag. :-(

Marisa - I like her too. I think she has a chance of winning it. I find the girls that are left are all very good. I find the girl from Ottawa is good but kinda strange. Chad Doucette has a unique voice.

NN - my daughters like it too~ Some more than others!

ALRO said...

Eva is the only one that deserves to win!! If she gets voted off - i will forever boycott Canadian Idol as a bush-league show! (she is from Ottawa/Gatineau - so i'm a little biased, however - she's the only one that can really sing).

That being said..

Again this week, i didn't agree with the decision to vote out James. Sure - his song choice last week wasn't great - but there are two other guy singers still in it that SUCK..

Chad Doucette forces his voice so much - that he's flat all the time.. And Tyler Lewis can't stay on key either - cuz he holds back too much...

Craig Sharpe... he's ok - but has no rhythm - and no stage present.. it doesn't come naturally to him - he's young and i think needs to grow...

Steffi D.. I like - she's odd and fresh..

Ashley Coulter is the only other one that i think that can compete with Eva...

In the Eva is the most talented and refined singer there is this year...