| | Home | | About ICL | | ICL Talks | | Crazy Stuff | | Videos | | Personal Photos | | Photoblog | | 100 Things about Bloggers | |

If you want to rate this site on IrishBlogs click here -> Irish Bloggers. You'll also see it on some of my other sites above ~ please feel free to rate them as well, whether you like them or not :-) Thanks, lads!



Tuesday, September 05, 2006

SKOOL DAZE


Had a nice Labour Day weekend. Weather was the pits here but we needed the rain anyways.

Back atcha! Hope ya'll did too!

So now it's the most wonderful time of the year (LOL) like the STAPLES commercial says!

Sing it with me! It's the most wonderful time of the year. ... there'll be knapsacks a blazing and pencils erasing now that school time is here. It's the most wonderful time, of the year.

Ya ok so I don't know all the words and I just made up stuff that rhymed. Stab me! With a pencil dammit. Get that stingray away from me. oops wrong blog...

Back-to-school for us here now.

I think I'm more excited for bak2skool because it's less work for me now than when the kids were younger. I just have one in high school and one in university. My son is in college but lives away in the city of the college he is attending.

I'm looking forward to the fresh start. Batgirl is in Grade 11. Second last year. You guys call that a JUNIOR year in the States. I could never understand that Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior stuff until I got someone to tell me the order of them and I memorized it.

It always seems out of order for me. I would think Junior sb (oops that short form for should be ~ I do that in emails too) the second one after Freshman. Hey and when are they going to change it to Freshperson BTW????! Sophomore sounds so sophisticated. How could it just be the second year?

To me Sophomore should be last. Ya, that's how I think it should go...Freshperson, Junior, Senior, Sophomore. Are you with me? Shall we enact a new law? Let's picket!

All those in favour, go to the left side of the room. All those against go to the right.

Hey, why am I here all alone?

I'm not stoopid. Just because I spell my labours and favours and savours and colours and humours and rumours with a 'u' does not mean I am not an intelligent human being.

I am Canadian, my kidlets are back in school and I am proud of it.

Sign me
Irish Church Lady xo

Blab scategory ~





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The entire frosh (freshman) sophomore (which means wise fool, BTW!) jr. and sr. thing is silly! I don't know why we do that here in the States. Okay, if you don't call it that in H.S.- do you use those terms for university?

Glad your kiddos are BTS. I think I'm back in the swing of BTS now but I'd rather not be BTW (back to work) today! ;-)

Marisa said...

You have me laughin' my ass off this morning.

I love the "u" in those words. They just look plain wrong without them.

I love those Staples commercials.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Staples commercials - and today the teenage daughter is a Freshman and the little man child starts 2nd grade - and Mom - is doing the happy dance cause she can work in peace during the day....woot woot!

Schell said...

Staples commercials are great.

Anonymous said...

I have a Junior too ;) I can't believe it, after next year...no more school. HOLY CRAP!

Cat said...

I can't believe I have a Sophmore, although he is supposed to be a Junior, but OH WELL, thats a long story.

Congrats on the kids being in school! Isn't it great!!

rena said...

Too funny! Totally know what you mean...it's the most wonderful time of the year!!! Son started grade 12 today..my baby is in his last year of HS! Yeehaa...cartwheels and jumpjacking! We did our final ever, never to be done again, school shopping excursion on Saturday...what a zoo! But fun. Daughter is in 3rd year at university, but doesn't start till Thursday. Things are back to normal!!!
Great and gaffawish post!

Me said...

Peanut's not in school yet but I'm sure, as soon as I'm done crying, I'll be happy to see her go to school :)

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Lisa - we refer to high school as in grades 9,10,11,12 and university as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th year. Boring huh?

Marisa - without the 'u's there'd be no me

Cheeky - I can see you shaking your booty

Schell - Ya, who'da thought we could get so excited about school supplies?

Kristine - here we refer to it as no more 'free' school. After that ya gotta start paying. HOLY CRAP is right.

Kami - Why did I think Nik had started KG this year? O ya, he just turned 4. Never mind.

Fab - what I told Marisa. We're a self centered bunch.

Cat - cat's outa the bag. Let me know when you blog about that. I lurve parenting tales of woe. It makes me feel, somehow, adequate.

MugwumpMom - hey...we met on Saturday....thanks for visiting again. I feel all special and tingly. Hang on I was sitting on my foot. ;)

Beth - I think you should home school Peanut. No? :)

Tina - Cheque that for sure. I love the word cheque. Even the abbreviation is kool. CHQ There's no mistaking that it means MONEY! ha ha

Gracie - report cards! Crikey! (too quote a famous dead person we all know and love). I've gotta a Miss LAZYBUM. I don't think we should set them up on a date. All those little LAZYBUMS are what we refer to here as welfare. See how fast my mind works? I'll shut up now.