| | Home | | About ICL | | ICL Talks | | Crazy Stuff | | Videos | | Personal Photos | | Photoblog | | 100 Things about Bloggers | |

If you want to rate this site on IrishBlogs click here -> Irish Bloggers. You'll also see it on some of my other sites above ~ please feel free to rate them as well, whether you like them or not :-) Thanks, lads!



Sunday, January 07, 2007

SOS ~ Sunday Only Speak ~ Introducing Psalms Sunday!

For my , irregularly seen here on Slainte ~ It's only Me, (cause it is, who else could write this blab?), I would like to introduce, from Erica at Butterfly Kisses :




Erica writes:


Each Sunday I will pick one or two Psalms (depending on length, she's doing them in order). If you would like to take part, after reading the Psalms, share in a post whatever you would like in regards to what you read. For example, what did you think of it? What does it mean to you? Do you have a story behind it? Can you teach us something about it? Do you relate to a portion of it? What verse from it spoke to you the most?

I will write my post as well on Sunday morning and include a mister linky so that all contributors can link to their posts.

So I have decided to contribute this week for the following reasons:

  1. My bible reading sucks and is generally limited to the readings at church each week. Very rarely, I will open and read a bit, but to be honest, this is usually in times of crisis, and I don't make it regular habit. It ain't my bag, even though my faith is strong and to be honest I'm not a big reader of anything. It seems I don't even have time to read all the blogs I want to these days!
  2. I don't know the Psalms well at all. I thought this would be a good way to drip feed them to me. I ain't into memorizing them though but I will explicate.
  3. I find Erica can be quite inspiring to me because of her strong faith and ability to discern. I would like to support her in any way I can.
  4. I'm not going to church today, so I need to spend some time with / thinking about God and Jesus. (Lame excuse, I know).

Here is this weeks Psalm 1:

Psalm 1 (NKJV)
1. Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;

2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.

3 He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.

4 The ungodly are not so,
But are like the chaff which the wind drives away.

5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment,
Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

6 For the LORD knows the way of the righteous,
But the way of the ungodly shall perish.

So for me, I take from this Psalm...

  1. Don't heed advice from people that are not mindful of God's will.
  2. Try to stop people from sinning ~ it's their own free will.
  3. Don't judge people for their actions ~ again, it's their free will.
  4. Worry about my own spiritualness, and sanctify that.
  5. In short, it's all about me, not them.

How does it speak to you?


()


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I thinking seriously of joining up. I read the Bible pretty regularly and the Psalms are my favorite book for sure.

Sounds like a nice way to pass a Sunday....

Thanks for steering me to this!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for joining me in Psalms Sunday today. I liked your bullet points...especially number 1. I have had many tendencies in the past to call up friends who aren't Christians, when problems arise, and then really take their advice to heart. Usually it isn't the best advice.

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jim said...

Hello Irish C.L. -- I came to your post via Google, someone had Googled my blog on this Psalm so I went to his Google address via SiteMeter.

I too wrote on Psalm 1 this Sunday. I didn't write a long blurb this time.
Most every Sunday I have some Scripture and then a comment or application.
If you want a peek, go to my January 28 entry (and if you want, the preceding Sundays).
[to http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/]
Today is a not-June bug, I do that once every month.

You have a pretty blog I will read more later.
..