Trying to get over a yucchy head cold that I've had all week so I'm laying low today trying to recover. Read some of my book Whitethorn Woods by Maeve Binchy, read some blogs and played with some toys.
Found this at Debbie's Fruit of the Spirit earlier in the week and have been meaning to do it.....
List ten things no one talks about anymore, then tag 5 people.
- Balancing their cheque book. Who writes cheques these days? Oh sorry, checks for you southern folks.
- Kiddle Kolognes - Did anyone have these. The were scented little dolls that came in cologne shaped bottles. I had Lavendar (purple), Sweet Pea (white), Honeysuckle (yellow) and ?????? (the hair on her was bright green).
- Can't say incense, because it's back with a vengeance! My youngest burns it all.the.time! So instead I will say pot pourri. Do people use this regularly? I have no idea. Whenever I have it smells good up close but does nothing to smell up a room or anything.
- Purple People Eaters
- Typewriters - man they sucked compared to computers! he he
- UFO's - ha ha ha heard a joke about this the other day. Ever notice that since the popularity of digital cameras and camcorders nobody sees UFO's anymore???
- Looking forward to the mail delivery. No one sends letters anymore so what possibly could be exciting in the mail except bills. Blah!
- Unions - it's not that nobody talks about them anymore, it's just that they don't have the same importance that they used to it seems. They're sort of out of vogue, passé, past their prime, kinda have a negative connotation, not like the positive one you get from the movie Norma Rae. Maybe they're all getting too big and demanding and ridiculous to take seriously now.
- Swizzle sticks - you can tell I'm starting to scrap the barrel now ay?
- Shotgun weddings - ha ha ha mine would have been a shotgun wedding if we hadn't already set our wedding date for for four months after we got engaged. You've heard of honeymoon babies? We call her our engagement baby. he he
Going to watch some DVD's now ... Ciao internets!