| | Home | | About ICL | | ICL Talks | | Crazy Stuff | | Videos | | Personal Photos | | Photoblog | | 100 Things about Bloggers | |

If you want to rate this site on IrishBlogs click here -> Irish Bloggers. You'll also see it on some of my other sites above ~ please feel free to rate them as well, whether you like them or not :-) Thanks, lads!



Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A Manic Monday through Wednesday


Manic Monday ... even though it's Wednesday ... but who's counting?

1) Did you do what you were told when you were young, or did you rebel?
Not too bad but not as good as my older sister who was a bookworm. My folks used to say "Why can't you be more like your sister?!" Something I swore I would never say to my kids and to the best of my knowledge I have not.

2) What did your childhood bedroom look like?
When I was about 13 and our 3 bedroom house was getting too small for a family of six, we converted one of the upstairs bedrooms into a family room adjacent the kitchen (knocked the wall down) and I moved down to the basement as well as my two younger sisters. I had my own room and they shared a room but they were just separated by a room divider that my Dad made. To make a long story longer ... I got to pick my own colour scheme ... I loved orange at the time and yellow so most of my furniture was painted yellow and white and my accessories were all orange. The wallpaper at the head of my bed was this pretty lime green with white and orange and yello daisies. I loved it and I loved my first own private (mostly) room. Plus I had my parents old double bed which was a double treat!!

3) Are there foods, smells, songs or sounds that bring back memories of childhood for you?
Nothing that stands out. Weird ay?

4) What is something you often did on Sundays when you were growing up?
Went to church, except in the summer when we were at the cottage. I remember when my Grandmother came over from Ireland to visit and her sister who lived in New York came up to visit at our house at the same time. We went to the cottage for the weekend but had to get back in time for Mass at a church I had never been to somewhere in the city for 7 p.m. Mass. Big me blabbermouth said to my Mum in front of my Granny, "but Mummy, we never go to church when we've been at the cottage!". I think Mumsy was trying to pretend that this was our 'normal' routine to go on Sunday nights but I blew her cover. LOL

Thanks, Lisa!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Monday, Wednesday...it's all good!
Thanks for playing Manic Monday.