| | Home | | About ICL | | ICL Talks | | Crazy Stuff | | Videos | | Personal Photos | | Photoblog | | 100 Things about Bloggers | |

If you want to rate this site on IrishBlogs click here -> Irish Bloggers. You'll also see it on some of my other sites above ~ please feel free to rate them as well, whether you like them or not :-) Thanks, lads!



Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I want a new drug


I caught a portion of a radio interview this morning of Suzanne Somers with one of our local morning radio hosts.

Her latest thing is promoting the benefits of 'Bioidentical' hormone replacements. She maintains that while it's unclear if they will shorten her life at all due to hormone replacement therapy risks, she says it's quality of life that is important to her.

As I enter my perimenopausal years, I often wonder if I would be better off with hormone replacements, bioidentical or not. I'm just starting to research into it further.

I'm interested to know the thoughts and experiences of my readers.


Wait, there's more~!


Jennifer Hudson video - "And I Tell You I'm Not Going" over at ICL Videos (from Dreamgirls)


10 comments:

Tug said...

BAH. I'm just to the point that I need to find a regular doctor to start this pre-stuff...ugh. I know nothing. But, if I find anything out, I'll be sure to share!

Unknown said...

I must say that I don't know much about it, but what I've heard about HRT isn't good. Wish I knew more!

Hope your week is going well, my dear ICL. At least it's Hump Day already! Yay!!

Anonymous said...

I saw the video of Jennifer Hudson yesterday and all I can say is . . . WOW! We're playing Dream Girls on the plane and the passengers all seemed transfixed during that performance.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

OK I have to go back and read the rest of your post but I wanted to tell you that a PSA is a Public Service Announcement

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

OK Hormones are my enemy - I need them now so that time of the month doesn't keep me in the bed but then I need happy pills to counter act how mean the hormones make me....I think just staying in bed will be better than this crap

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about it but all I'm saying is:

Hormones is VERY complicated stuff and I don't trust them that they really know what they're doing to us really.

We're always research animals somehow and I don't like it. Don't mess with hormones! No one can be certain of the outcome. Or even near to know what really happens in your body.

Every one is different and what works for one woman can be a disaster for the other one.

I wouldn't take the risk unless my life were totally worthless.....

Anonymous said...

Hormones can influence your whole body "system" too, getting you in a total mess if not functioning.

The docs won't tell you about all the experiences all women have of this influences, they shovels it under the carpet, just like they still do with the birth control pills very often.

If it were the men that should take these hormones, I'm sure they would say that it would be much too risky.... Just like they say when we ask why there isn't any birthcontrol pills for the men!

It's far too many questions marks around everything involving hormones, they don't know enough about it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, forgot this: have you read my email about the cyber cruise?

Unknown said...

Well, in my professional opinion...you should start first with your diet and nutritional supplementation. Then look at some good quality herbals and soy. I would only recommend Shaklee products as safe and beneficial. Everything else is suspect in my opinion or else it is by prescription. I came off my antidepressants and my perimenopausal symptoms went away and my GYN says that is not possible. She said my antidepressant would have masked any symptoms I might have had. I told her I was having the symptoms and now that I'm off the depression med...the night sweats and irrational rages and other symptoms are gone. Then I went and found another GYN. Dumb b*tch.
Sorry, I hate caregivers who don't listen.
Let me know if I can help in any way.
♥Pam

Sparky Duck said...

Oh suzanne sommers medical expert now :)